Wednesday, February 10, 2010

False accusation at work?

Yesterday when I came in to work I was falsely accused of removing $3 out of the cash register. I almost walked off the job because I was so highly insulted, but I decided to speak ot the Regional Manager in her office instead. I have had problems with my immediate manager before because as a new employee I didn't want to get involved in her personal problems with her bf (who also works there) and giving her personal advice. I told her I'd prefer a more professional approach to work. She agreed be continued to say little nasty things to me because I didn't want to be her friend. So the cash register thing is basically a setup. It was just an accusation, she didn't have any proof. So I called the area manager and the director of human resources to report all this. I am waiting for there responses. I would like to keep my job and told my boss that before I left the premises. But she's pretty much trying to force me to quit. What should I do? Is there anything else I should have done?False accusation at work?
If you wanted to keep this job, it would have been better that you not walk off. You will be lucky if you are asked back.





This job sounds like a minefield where the personal issues take precedence over being professional.





Find a new job and learn a lesson from this experience.


Good luck.False accusation at work?
You did the right by speaking to the HR department. Maybe you could ask for a transfer to another department. Talk to a few senior managers ask them whether you could move to their department instead.
Going over her head and not following the chain of command is a big one. No one wants drama in a work place so its most likely they will believe her over you
If the place where you work has a problem-solving procedure, you should follow that. It usually involves writing up the problem and presenting it to your supervisor. If your supervisor is the problem (as it appears to be in your case) going to the next step up or to the Human Resource department is the correct procedure. Although following the chain of command is preferable, you just can't do it in a case like this.
the job isn't worth it a cashier is nothing you can do better than that so it's time to move on 3 dollors... come on!!!!!
being a cashier..well those jobs are a dime a dozen. I'd just quit and find another one. sometimes life is unfair
If I were you I would just put in my 2 weeks and find another job, namely because she is your boss and if she wanted to fire you she can. It has been my experiance that is best to quit the proper way than get fired for stealing (even though you did not), Because when future employers call your current boss she will tell them the reason for your termination, and that is something you do not need folling you around.

No comments:

Post a Comment