Friday, February 12, 2010

I was suspended (without pay) from work on false allegations by my employer, then cleared. Do I get back-pay?

no you didnt work


and they were investigating youI was suspended (without pay) from work on false allegations by my employer, then cleared. Do I get back-pay?
First get a declaration from your employer containing all the details including the charges and the Resolution . Get some sworn statements from your co-workers on what there opinions of you were after the charges were laid.Collect any thing that might show how you were harmed by the false charges .Ask for back pay if you get it fine. If it were me I'd take the money and ask for a settlement (you lawyer would do this) because I couldn't work for these people any more.I was suspended (without pay) from work on false allegations by my employer, then cleared. Do I get back-pay?
Probably you will not get back pay, but your employer is the only one who can tell you if you will or not. If you have vacation time or sick time they can pay it to cover the time you were off so you don't get behind on your bills, if the company policy allows it.





Good Luck
No, not unless you have an employment contract that says otherwise. This is because you didn't actually work during the time you were suspended.

No comments:

Post a Comment