Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I have a question....I was at work the other day when a customer came in and told me we had false advertising.

...at my store. When really we did not and I explained it to him and I don't think he still got it. But, as he was leaving the store he turned to me and said, would it be false advertising if your husband told you, that you looked good in a dress? How or what would you have done? I didn't know what to say as we are really not allowed to say anything to customers. What do you make of this remark?I have a question....I was at work the other day when a customer came in and told me we had false advertising.
This guy obviously doesn't know a well-thought-out rhetorical question from a dust mite.





I would have said, ';Sir, I'm really sorry we have this misunderstanding, but our advertisement really does represent our product correctly and without any lies. If there is any other question you have, I would be more than happy to answer it if you're willing to listen to my answer.';





or something along those lines.... if you aren't ';allowed to say anything to customers,'; how are you supposed to communicate about your product?





he's a common idiot, but i always treat the idiots nicely so i can laugh about them later.I have a question....I was at work the other day when a customer came in and told me we had false advertising.
I'm glad i helped, and thank you for giving me the honor of best answer!

Report Abuse



This guy sounds like he came into your store looking for a problem. Maybe he just wanted to take his frustrations out on you. Which does not give him the right to. He is a real retard.
You cant write rules for dealing with idiots.





I think he is trying to have a 'personal pop' at you by his comment, to cover yourself, report the whole incident to your manager (or if its your company - make sure you record everything about it) just incase the guy makes a formal complaint

No comments:

Post a Comment