Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Is It Acceptable to Use False Flattery to Get Ahead at work or socially?

We all know how fickle many bosses, social circles etc鈥?can be these days. So, to get ahead is false flattery a necessary skill?





Thanks for taking part! :))Is It Acceptable to Use False Flattery to Get Ahead at work or socially?
Yes, I do it.








Ssssshhhhh. Don't tell.Is It Acceptable to Use False Flattery to Get Ahead at work or socially?
False flattery is like blowing sunshine up someones *** and is for people who can't get what they want any other way. Maybe they are lacking intelligence or personality. lol


:)
no,but it does help.
i do it with the right people. like some guys are easily and obviously looking for attention, and if i think they are a nice person its ok for me to flirt or flatter them a lil bit. i dont do it to get ahead per say, more like get closer to them. if i dont like them as a person, i wont kiss there butt at all though and keep it strictly bizness.
If ur talking about work, then I'm the bossman there.





If ur talking about the social ladder--I don't care cuz I'm on the top rung and I make the rules. I only promote those with the skills. And I know when ur faking.
Well, I do this, but do not think of it as false flattery. I create with my words, so, if I say I really enjoy your company, I expect to manifest enjoying your company. What we pay attention to, expands. If we pay attention to the negative, we get more negative. If we pay attention to the positive, we get more positive. I praise my husband and daughter all the time, even when others would think they are not deserving, but they then become deserving and more than willing to please.
isnt that called brown nosing? or suck up?
False flattery, no. Honest flattery, yes, it is a needed skill. I'm sure there is something a person can compliment another on honestly. Be it a blouse, a tie, necklace, the way something was handled, etc....
At work-YES


Nothing is more important than getting ahead at work because it usually means more money and money is the most important thing in the world to me.
if you really wanna get somewhere, yes, but dont get found out
Just be yourself. If you're naturally complimentary, then it's fine. Genuine feelings and statements mean more than falsities.
They best skill is integrity. Hard work and motivation.
Sometimes you gotta get that nose in there and brown it up.
Players, seems it's being made acceptable, but I don't kiss a-ss to get ahead. ~~Peace~~
Well, it's more acceptable than using sex


to get ahead at work or socially...
False flattery is just that False.....





How can being a fibber get you farther??





Now honest flattery.....





:)

No comments:

Post a Comment