Sunday, February 7, 2010

False work experience on resume?

I recently graduated college %26amp; about to send my resume to companies. Because I haven't worked a day in my life, my aunt has been nagging at me to put under my work experience that I've worked for her dental office to make myself look better even though I never have.





I know it is completely unethical. But I just want to know if companies would actually check if I've worked there other than calling the dental office. Do they take their time to run my SS or some other sort to see if I have actually worked there?False work experience on resume?
Companies most definately do check your previous employers and references (unless you're applying for a menial job). I would really advise against doing that. Instead you should just try to find an internship (many are paid), so that you can get legitimate work experience without compromising your morals. Or, consider going to grad school or working odd jobs till a good one comes around.





What are you going to do though on your first day of the job when they ask you to do something you ';claim'; to know how to do, but can't?





And, just to let you know, one job at a dental office alone probably won't get you a job unless you want to be a secretary or that sort of thing.





You can find a job without much experience. But, lying about it will eventually catch up with you in one way or another. It might not be at that job, but maybe the next one.False work experience on resume?
They will probably check. I check up on work experience at my job. If you do decide to lie, then be prepared to have fake experience gained, job details, etc. If you start lying in an interview and get caught, that wouldn't be good at all.
I don't think that companies really check your ex jobs.But for an expert will be easy to see that you don't have experience to communicate with clients or something like that.When you had worked somewhere you feel more confident. It's better to not lie next time.Begin to work for smaller company that will be your first teacher.After time when you feel ready go to work for bigger company but you need to collect some experience.Good luck!
Very unethical. And very unlikely that anyone would check. If they did, they would call your employer to verify. Your SS would not have this info. Also, you could have been an intern and therefore were'nt paid, hence no taxes were filed. Either way, its unethical, and I dont recommend it.
hi


Not all employer do refer with pervious employer.





There are few circumtances you can use this logic;


If you confident enough on your skill, may be you can try this.


Or else better try to gain real experience.





Wise employer can find out with in a month whether you experienced or not.


All the best.





Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment