Thursday, February 4, 2010

False workers comp certificates, felony charges pending?

I am a very small business owner, new construction cleaning. I have lost so many jobs due to the economy. The little jobs I had I gave them false certificates to receive my checks. I have been contacted today by the State of Colorado. I falsified workers comp certificates (approx 7) 7 charges, It is my first offense ever. What am I looking at? I pray not Jail? Please help, single mom, can't sleep, eat, and sick to my stomachFalse workers comp certificates, felony charges pending?
I have little sympathy for people who break the law. However, as a Probation Officer, most people who commit crimes of fraud / dishonesty and lack a prior record will most likely be sentenced to probation, usually about 3 years and be ordered to pay back the money they received.





They may also be ordered to complete various counselling programmes, such as: alcohol and drug classes, budgeting classes and to get help finding work. In addition to probation, the Court can often impose a jail sentence as well, up to one year, although all or a portion of it may be suspended (meaning you don't have to serve it if you are doing well on probation).False workers comp certificates, felony charges pending?
It's called ';Execution of Documents by Fraud';... and each of the 7 violations is a felony.





Bad decision to forge or present fictitious documents.





Good Luck
Take what they give you. You are dishonest and you should have thought about this before you cheated.
I think you should get an attorney asap! this sounds serious. only a lawyer can tell u what to expect

No comments:

Post a Comment