Sunday, February 7, 2010

If an employee files a false work comp claim do I put it on my OSHA 300 report?

This employee filed a claim saying he was injured on the job. We paid for him to go to the doctor. The doctor said the problem was degenerative disk disease and not caused by his work. We paid about $1,800.00 for the treatment and diagnosis and I filed an accident report with the state.





Since the problem was degenerative and not work related, I don't have to put that on my OSHA report do I?If an employee files a false work comp claim do I put it on my OSHA 300 report?
Absolutely, should it ever come up sometime, you need to explain how you thought it was work related when actually it wasn't. I would also send a copy of the report you received from the doctor for that employee. Just put an * see attached copy for this reported item.If an employee files a false work comp claim do I put it on my OSHA 300 report?
in the world of claims, put more rather than less.





and make arrangements to get your money back if you wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment