Thursday, February 4, 2010

Felony false information?

I was drunk and picked up by a cop. He went through my bag (without consent) and found my ID and the (over 21) ID that I had of another girl. Because I was drunk, I, stupidly, thought that I should tell him I was the over 21 girl. I had her info memorized. In the end they found out that I was lying and arrested me. I was charged with Felony false information, misdemeanor false information, and misdemeanor public drunkenness. The attorneys that I met with want 3000. I don't need my hand held through misdemeanors, but what about with the felony? Is that something that is definitely not going to go through, since I have the misdemeanor false info as well? Should I get an attorney for this? I basically stopped looking after the first ones said they would be 3000. What is my probable outcome? Am I going back to jail???Felony false information?
Should I get an attorney for this?


YES,





The cops will bury you with every BS thing out there!.





Do not ever believe they are your friends,and they are not going to cut you a deal because they like you!


PROTECT YOURSELF!





.Felony false information?
It's amazing, you broke the law but blame the cop because he searched 'without consent.'; How about you take responsibility for your actions and pay the consequences? I never understand this, you people come in here and tell us how you blantantly broke the law, you want to blame everyone else but yourself and want us to feel sorry for you.





If it's your first conviction, you'll most likely just get probation. But I'm guessing it's not your first conviction - you might see a little jail time and/or public service.





How about not breaking the law? Sound good?
That $3,000 could mean your freedom or not. Your choice. I would choose freedom. There is still a chance you might get time but without a lawyer, you can count on it.





BTW, they did not need your consent to search your bag.
You're going to prison.





Count on it.





Having possession of another person's ID is a felony in many states.





USING that id or as you admitted 'lied about being the 21 year old' you committed another offense, again, some states it is a felony.





As to checking your purse 'without consent'.. you were drunk and he didn't need consent. You were in their custody.





Accept responsibility for your own actions and quit blaming others...
You should consult with a public defender on that.


I don't know what your state's laws are about interrogation while intoxicated. Most states frown upon attempts to use that testimony.


This is the worst place in the world to ask for good advice on most anything, because from their answers, I'd say some of the folks who post here are drunker than it sounds like you were.





I know a friend of mine was intoxicated and didn't let the police in the front door when they were responding to a reported suicide threat. They wound up pushing him into a 6-hour standoff and totally brutalized him, then they tried to trump up enough charges to put him away for 40 years. Today he is on probation with time served. Police can be heavy-handed, and they go hard at it. You just have to hope you get a good lawyer.


Queen is right, though. They had Probable Cause to search your bag, and that is SOP when checking on a drunk, especially when the information given appears false.
Try telling the judge that you have ';no problem'; with getting a ';drunk in public'; or what ever he or she feels they need to do because you admit you were drunk. Say you were very intoxicated and don't remember using someone elses ID and if you did, it was because you were drunk and stupid....not because you were trying to impersonate someone else.The only reason you had the other ID was because your friend asked you to hold it for her because she didn't want to carry her purse into the club or bar. Have her there to testify on your behalf. If the cop shows up to court, he has to admit you were drunk and there is your legal defense. YOU WERE DRUNK!





If the judge still wants to give you a felony, then tell him you're pleading ';not guilty'; and you'll have to get a lawyer. You DO NOT want a felony on your record for the rest of your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment